A Complete Guide On Magento Custom Extension Development
Your online eCommerce store is the first impression a customer gets about your brand. The better the service, the better the chances are you will get repetitive purchases. That is why selecting the right way to improve the functionality of your online Magento custom extension is paramount.
In this article we will discuss: How to create extension in magento, How to enhance and add functionality to your eCommerce store, The pros and cons of adding extensions to your online store, The advantages and disadvantages of using Magento 2 custom extension development, The pros and cons of customizing the Magento 2 extensions. So let us get started!!
How To Enhance And Add Functionality To Your Ecommerce Store
According to various surveys, 12% of all eCommerce websites are built with Magento. This platform comes with a lot of opportunities and features for eCommerce online businesses. But in the increasingly competitive eCommerce era, merchants have to update and improve the functionality of online stores in order to attract and serve more customers. Such functionality is necessary to improve marketing, sales, provide advanced customer support, etc.
The three main ways to improve the functionality of a Magento eCommerce store are:
- Adding Magento extensions
- Magento 2 custom module development
- Customization of Magento extensions
Extensions are mini software modules that help add custom functionalities to a basic Magento store. They are already developed and are oftentimes plug and play so you can get started using the new functions right away. And, as always, Mirasvit is here to support you anytime.
Magento 2 extensions can add new and powerful features and functionality to your Magento store in just a few clicks. You can purchase them from the Magento marketplace or third-party providers. It is a really quick, efficient, and affordable way to speed up the development process and enhance your store.
Custom development is the process of developing software especially for a particular client. In contrast to extensions, custom Magento 2 module development helps to assure particular preference and requirements are met.
Magento 2 Extensions For eCommerce Store
To add some spice to your e-store in short order, Magento extensions are a great tool. Compared to other eCommerce platforms, Magento comes with more than 5000 extensions, which can really make e-store stand apart from the crowd. Before adding the extension, consider the features you need for your eCommerce store. If this aspect has already been solved by developers, the most reasonable path forward is by using extensions.
Select a certified Magento 2 developer like MageCaptain who provides Custom magento extensions. If you find a wide range of extensions, you can be sure that this is a frequent feature, and you can choose among several extensions. Now, let us move forward with the pros and cons of the Magento 2 extensions:
Pros Of Using Magento 2 Extensions
- The cost is lower than with custom development. The usual price of the Magento 2 extensions ranges from 50 to 500 dollars, so this is the best value compared to custom development.
- Magento 2 doesn’t require extreme time for extension development.
- All extensions come with manuals where the functionality is explained, and the manuals are handy for training staff to use the new functionalities.
- Extensions are more thoroughly optimized compared to customized development. Since they have frequently been through several iterations already, you can avoid a lot of the bug troubleshooting that often accompanies custom development.
- The plus is, when you buy an extension, the extension providers usually give lifetime free upgrades of the extension.
These factors make Magento extensions the top choice of a lot of merchants.
Cons Of Using Magento 2 Extensions
- An extension may fall short of meeting all the requirements.
- If you are using too many extensions for your eCommerce store, then it may slow down your website.
- Sometimes your problem is unique or not in high enough demand. In this case, ready-made extensions may not be available for the functionality you are actually looking for.
Custom Magento Development
If your eCommerce business requires a unique software solution, then the best option you can go with is custom Magento extension development. All nuances of your business will be taken into account. It is an individualized approach to add new features to your eCommerce store and meet your peculiar business objectives. Now, let us discuss the pros and cons of using custom Magento development:
Pros Of Using Custom Development
- Adapts perfectly to the company’s needs. You only have the necessary functionalities for your eCommerce store. Less code, less bloat, faster website.
- You can adapt and improve this software if new functionality is necessary for your store.
Cons Of Using Custom Development
- Custom software development is often more expensive than buying an extension.
- Additional cost is needed to maintain the customization services or to adapt it when a new version of Magento is released.
- The management of a customized developed online store is more involved as it requires the ongoing participation of a software team.
- More time is needed to get it done. The period of development depends on the complexity of the solution. The custom developed software also requires a period of testing and quality assurance for store managers and developers.
Customizing Magento Extensions
If you need something unique for your eCommerce store, but you don’t want to spend a ton of money and time then customizing an existing extension may just fit the bill. With this approach, developers use an already developed Magento extension and customize it to suit the needs of your e-store. This is a good approach for enhancing your store’s productivity when there is an existing extension that already meets some or most of your criteria.
Pros Of Using Customizing Magento Extensions
In many cases, this is a reasonable solution as it will take less time and money than writing the whole extensions from scratch. This can bring cost savings, efficiency, and productivity to your business.
Cons Of Using Customizing Magento Extensions
The widest drawback of this approach is that you will need to once again customize new versions of the extension at a later time, as it is not in the developers’ interest to maintain your unique requirements without additional costs.
Customization is a necessary thing and also a demanding one that every vendor wants for their Magento eCommerce store. MageCaptain is the team of certified Magento 2 developers who will help you to install and run Custom Magento extensions which smooths each and every functionality of your Magento 2 eCommerce store.